Life in Doha has really changed over the last few weeks. Everyone’s back from holidays, the weather’s cooler and we’re all ready to do some good quality schmoozing!
I’ve been told that this is the premier business and networking event in Qatar. Now in its 7th year, and with a focus on, you guessed it, business in Qatar, Back2Business is expecting over 600 international guests to come to Sharq Village and Spa to eat drink and talk shop. Here’s a write up on the event in The Penninsular
- What: Networking event
- When: 7 pm
- Where: Sharq Village and Spa
- Who: Anyone involved in business
- Cost: QAR 200 if purchased online or QAR 250 if bought at the door.
- More info: Back2Business website
- Contact: email@example.com
Stress Management Workshop- Part 1
Part of a collaboration between Qatar Professional Womens Network (QPWN) and BNP Paribas, this free workshop series is aimed to help women hone their professional skills. This week the topic is stress.
- What: Workshop
- When: 12 to 4 p.m.
- Where: Must register to find out
- Who: Women who don’t have to work in the afternoon!
- Cost: Free
- More info: QPWN website
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
In Coversation – Art Education in Qatar
- What: Lecture
- When: 6 pm
- Where: Mathaf Museum of Modern Art
- Who: Everyone
- Cost: Free
- More info: Event Flyer
- Contact: email@example.com
The International Furniture, Design Exhibition and Awards
8,000 people visited last year, with the majority being general public. I’m quite sure what to expect but I definitely think it’s worth a drop in. Here’s the Gulf Times write-up.
- What: Expo
- When: 5 – 8 October, Wednesday 10:30AM – 1:00PM | 3PM – 9PM, Thursday 10:30AM – 1:00PM | 3PM – 9PM, Friday 3PM – 9PM, Saturday 3PM – 9PM
- Where: Doha Exhibition Center
- Who: Everyone
- More info: Qatar Exhibition Centre Website
- Cost: I think it’s free
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
6th Latin American Cultural Festival
Premiering this year, the Latin Festival will offer a variety of entertainment including music, movies, a circus and handicrafts market. I’m going to opening night – can’t wait!
- What: Music concerts, movies, markets, circus
- When: October 6-15, times vary
- Where: Katara Cultural Village
- Who: Lovers of all things Latino!
- Cost: Depends on the event
- More info: http://www.katara.net/
- Contact: email@example.com
This festival will run until Eid and will feature over 100 entertaining events and attractions.
- What: Entertainment event including amusement park, movies, concerts, plays
- When: October 6 to November 17
- Where: Near Doha Exhibition Centre
- Who: Varies, but there should be some good stuff for families. National- and expat-friendly
- Cost: Varies
- More info: Doha Park Website
Drinking and German food. Some of the big hotels import a German oompah band! You get the picture?
- What: Drinking
- When: 5 – 8 October
- Where: Intercontinental
- Who: Beer lovers
- Cost: QR 220
- More info: Intercontinental Facebook event page